(Note from Erin: Even if the title of this story gives you pause, just hear me out and read on.)
We are all well aware that solar flares (sudden flashes of brightness that are gaseous eruptions from the sun) exist. And given the power of the sun, we can probably all understand that when they release energy it’s “tremendously hot, high-energy particles and gases”e surface of the sun.”1 able to “eject thousands of miles from the surface of the sun.”1 In fact, the amount of energy it takes for a flare to shoot out is equivalent to approximately 160,000,000,000 megatons of TNT. In other words, intense.
However, did you know that as that cosmic energy intensifies, as solar winds and flares interact with the Earth’s electromagnetic fields, that we are also affected? Humans have electromagnetic fields running through their bodies (which is why grounding works so well and is so important) and, others believe, surrounding them (called auras), as well. And that means that in the same way electromagnetic energy affects our planet, it can also affect us.
On Tuesday, March 13th, “a stream of high-speed solar wind (hot plasma) was ejected,” flying toward Earth at speeds faster than 600 kilometers per second”1 and has been “buffeting Earth’s magnetic field”1 since. And according to the Russian Academy of Science, we should expect major geomagnetic storms from March 21st to the 26th.
Now, while we are protected somewhat by Earth’s magnetic field, the intense energy is believed to have a major effect on everything that exists on Earth and can greatly impact anything from emotions to electrical devices:1
- radio communications
- navigation/GPS systems, technology, and living organisms
- its been shown to change blood flow, boost adrenaline, and affect blood pressure
- they are known to desynchronize circadian rhythm
- affect the pineal glands and produce an increase in melatonin—thus disturbing sleep and impacting intuition
- directly impact the nervous system, causing people to feel extra edgy, cautious, and feisty, and as though operating on adrenaline in “fight or flight” mode
- some people may notice their senses are on high alert, and that everything feels and sounds louder, brighter, stronger, and more vivid than normal
- and research has found that geomagnetic storms can have a huge effect on our emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical health; like increased anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, fatigue, and nervousness
One of the reasons we may be currently experiencing a peak in solar activity is because on March 20th and September 23rd each year, the Earth and sun align making that day and night almost equal in length. These equinoxes are known to cause cracks in Earth’s magnetic field which stay open for hours.
According to our friends at Elephant Journal, during and after solar-flares, people may experience any of the following:1
- Pressure headaches and general aches and pains, mainly in the stomach (solar plexus) area.
- Flushed, dizzy, or nauseous.
- Having difficulty focusing, experiencing confusion, or having a “foggy mind.”
- Feelings of intense hunger or thirst.
- Extreme fatigue, exhaustion, lack of energy, insomnia, disturbed sleep patterns.
- Seemingly out-the-blue bouts of irritability, frustration, sadness, nervousness, anger, worry, fear, grief, and overwhelming.
- Heightened awareness, enhanced intuition, having insights that seem to appear out of nowhere.
- Premonitions, intense dreams, or nightmares.
- Physiological symptoms may manifest, such as, flu-like symptoms, ear ringing, or aches and pains.
- Frequent anxiety, stress, or feeling panicky without clear reason.
- Temporary loss of memories, forgetting things, misplacing items.
- Seeing and feeling energy such as orbs, sparks, or flashes of light, noticing energy warming the palms of hands.
- An appreciation that all life is sacred.
- Noticing synchronicities, i.e., certain number patterns reappearing.
- More consciously aware of other people’s energy fields and highly sensitive to negativity.
- Wanting to spend time alone, introspection.
And they go on to explain that as geomagnetic storms can be intense and even “bring mind-opening,” it’s important to combat these effects by resting and taking time from our busy schedules to do the following:1
- Drink plenty of filtered water (not tap water).
- Take salt water baths.
- Meditate and remain aware of reoccurring thoughts and feelings.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Spend time in nature.
- Consume high-vibrational foods, such as fruit and vegetables.
- Breathe deeply, forgive, release, and surrender.
- Practice kindness, compassion, acceptance, and empathy.
- Remain aware of reoccurring thoughts and feelings.
- When possible, temporarily disconnect from technology and anything or anyone where the energy is toxic and draining.
Some people believe that the frequencies emanating from the solar storm can cleanse and purify our inner selves, allowing us to be free from toxic emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical blockages. What do choose to do with that information, is up to you.
Again, solar flares are real. And we know they can affect things on earth. Whether you subscribe to them affecting your body is another thing entirely. I just share these stories with you because I want you to have as much information as possible about your health and how best to maintain it.